Dating back to 1910, Armature Works was the repair and storage facility for the Tampa Electric Street and Railway company, and was the epicenter from which Tampa developed by connecting the surrounding neighborhoods. When transportation began to revolutionize in the 1940s, the original purpose of the buildings was repurposed for manufacturing.
Today, more than 100 years after its foundation was laid, Armature Works has undergone an epic renovation under the vision of SoHo Capital. In partnership with the engineering firm of Heidt Design, GeoPoint land development and construction support divisions spent more than 2 years and 1000 hours on the complete site and survey layout, including building and vertical layout, topography for design purposes and land surveying for the development’s infrastructure.
The result has been an extraordinary 50-acre waterfront district on the Hillsborough River that consists of mixed-use commercial space – restaurants, bars, a public market, co-shared work space and event venues – that is accessible by car, bike, trolley car or boat.